In this post we will teach you how you can install and run Alien Swarm in your OpenMandriva Linux. You have no idea how it will be easy.
- Alien Swarm is a freeware top-down shooter video game by Valve Corporation. It is a remake of the Alien Swarm mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, and it was developed by the original team, who were hired by Valve during the course of the development process. We will use the PlayOnLinux, Steam and Wine platforms to provide to you the easier installation method. If you do not have PlayOnLinux installed, please click here for PlayOnLinux and here to Steam Platform. To start install Alien Swarm the first step is open PlayOnLinux. Open a new terminal and execute below command:
It will open PlayOnLinux Platorm. May you will be asked if you want help PlayOnLinyx send some informations to them. Select Yes if you want.
- Now you have to click in “Install a program” in “Actions” menu on the left side.
Note: If your connection is slow probably you have to wait some time before click in “Install a program”. How much time? You will see a progress bar in “Actions”. Wait it disappear.
In search bar write “Alien Swarm” and press enter. The game Alien Swarm will appear. Select the game and click in “Install” button.
Warning: You will be advised to not change location of install and to not select “run the program” when asked. Pay attention on this. May you can see another warnings. Pay attention and press OK for all of them. To illustrate this warnings we used League of Legends screenshots, but you will see the same steps in Hearthstone.
Next window will advise you to not send any bug or problems to WineHD Forum. All these stuffs must be sent to PlayOnLinux team.
After that click in OK in last advise.
- So now we will prepare the environment to install Alien Sawrm. Click in “Next” button and wait PlayOnLinux download packages.
May you will be advised to not click in play game when Steam finish the installation. Do not worry even if you already have Steam installed. Click in “Next” button to go to step 5 and we will talk about Steam installation again.
- If you do not have “Steam” installed (see our how-to clicking here) you will be asked to install. This is a easy process. Abort this installation and go to our easy how to install Steam platform clicking here. After that restart this how to from step 1.
Warning: In some cases is possible that your Alien Swarm installation does not recognize you Steam Platform and ask to install again. Do not worry, it will be installed in Alien Swarm’s virtual drive completely separated of your another installation. Proceed all steps to install (like screenshots below) and wait Alien Swarm download. After that, you have to close your Steam from Alien Swarm installation to proceed to next step and do not click in “Play” in Steam.
- Be sure that all Steam instances are closed. Do not proceed if you did not close all of them. May be after close Steam installation you will get a error warning from Steam. Do not worry. Press OK and wait for Alien Swarm’s shortcuts.
- Now the easy part. Select your game and play! Lets kill the aliens?? 😉
Trick: If you have some problem to run, instead of clicking in “Run”, click in “Debug”. It will execute the game as a “Run” option, but you will see the log file with errors.