In this post we will teach you how you can install and play Dota 2 in your OpenMandriva distro. So all examples will use OpenMandriva Linux.
This tutorial is also compatible with Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE and ArchLinux.
- Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena video game, the stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients (DotA) Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod. Dota2 is developed by Valve Corporation. The requirement to follow this tutorial is to have installed Steam platform. If you do not have, please click here to install.
The first step is open the Steam platform. OpenMandriva image example:
- Now click in “Store” menu and search for “dota” term.
OpenMandriva image example:
- Select the “Dota 2″ option and click in Play Game (it is free!)
- After first information window about disk space and location for install, click in “Next” button.
- If you want, you can create shortcuts in your desktop and system meny for Dota 2 Game. After that, click in “Next” button.
- In last window click in “Finish” button. Now you will have to wait the download.
- Finally, the last step is the most important: Win a battle 😉 Open your Dota 2 game using shortcuts or Steam platform.