In this post we will teach you how you can install and run Hearthstone in your OpenMandriva Linux. You have no idea how it will be easy.
- Hearthstone is a digital collectible card game that revolves around turn-based matches between two opponents, operated through Blizzard’s Battle.net. Players can choose from a number of game modes, with each offering a slightly different experience. Players start the game with a substantial collection of basic cards, but can gain rarer and more powerful cards through purchasing packs of cards or as reward for completing Arena runs. We will use the PlayOnLinux and Wine platforms to provide to you the easier installation method. If you do not have PlayOnLinux installed, please click here. To start install Hearthstone the first step is open PlayOnLinux. Open a new terminal and execute below command:
It will open PlayOnLinux Platorm. May you will be asked if you want help PlayOnLinyx send some informations to them. Select Yes if you want.
- Now you have to click in “Install a program” in “Actions” menu on the left side.
Note: If your connection is slow probably you have to wait some time before click in “Install a program”. How much time? You will see a progress bar in “Actions”. Wait it disappear.
In search bar write “Hearthstone” and press enter. The game Hearthstone will appear. Select the game and click in “Install” button.
Warning: You will be advised to not change location of install and to not select “run the program” when asked. Pay attention on this. May you can see another warnings. Pay attention and press OK for all of them. To illustrate this warnings we used League of Legends screenshots, but you will see the same steps in Hearthstone.
Next window will advise you to not send any bug or problems to WineHD Forum. All these stuffs must be sent to PlayOnLinux team.
After that click in OK in last advise.
- So now we will prepare the environment to install Hearthstone. Click in “Next” button and wait PlayOnLinux download packages.
Select the language and click in “Next” button.
- Now PlayOnLinux will download Hearthstone setup file and specific Wine to run with best stability and performance.
Note: The second part probably will be slow. If some error occur, PlayOnLinux will ask to retry. Click in “Retry”. If, for some reason, you click “Retry” button for a lot of times and it not work, we recommend to select “cancel” or “abort” option and restart the process from step 2.
- May you will asked to install “Microsoft Mono from Visual library” and “Adobe Flash Player”. Select yes or download to both. You have to install this packages to proceed to next step.
- In this step the original Hearthstone’s client will ask to install the game. Please remember do not change the location and not click in “execute program” after installation finished.
Wait Hearthstone’s client install.
- In this step you will be asked to select how much memory your graphics card have. If you really do not know, maybe 1GB is your answer. Try to know and put correct option. Click in “Next” button.
- Final step is a piece of cake. Select your game and click in Play!!!!
Note: The first and second executions maybe will be slow because the Hearthstone’s client will download some official packages. Do not worry, it is normal even in Windows malware distribution 😉
Trick: If you have some problem to run, instead of clicking in “Run”, click in “Debug”. It will execute the game as a “Run” option, but you will see the log file with errors.