In this post we will show you how you may install and play Heroes of Newerth client in your OpenMandriva distro. All these examples will use OpenMandriva Linux.
This tutorial is also compatible with Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE and ArchLinux. When necessary we will provide the appropriate command for each distro.
- Heroes of Newerth (HoN) is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game originally developed by S2 Games for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The game idea was derived from the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne custom map Defense of the Ancients (Dota). To start installong Heroes of Newerth the first step is, of course, to download the game. Click here to download Linux version . Once that’s done open a new terminal and execute the command below. You can copy and paste this command Note: This example uses the “22.214.171.124-2″ version. If you need to download a later version, update the version number in the command.
Shell12cd /home/francisco/Downloads/chmod +x HoNClient-126.96.36.199-2.sh
- Now we will install Heroes of Newerth. Use the command below for all distros:
Note: This example use “188.8.131.52-2″ version. If you downloaded a later version, then change the command to use the correct version number.Shell1./HoNClient-184.108.40.206-2.sh
- Now we will proceed with installation. Click on the “Next” button.
- To accept the license click on the “yes” button.
- Choose the destination folder if you want to install to a different directory than the default. Only do this if you know what are you doing.
- Check the box “menu entries” to install shortcuts and click on the “Next” button.
- And wait until installation is
- Click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation aaaaanddddddddddd…